Slow Cooker Bananas Foster
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced (lengthwise or crosswise...you decide)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (more or less) rum
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped nuts (i use pecans; walnuts are good, too)
- ¼ - ½ cup shredded coconut
1Layer sliced bananas in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2Combine butter, brown sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl; pour over bananas.
3Cover and cook on Low for 2 hours.
4Top bananas with walnuts and coconut during the last 30 minutes of cooking.