- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon extract
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
1. It's easy to have too much flour in this recipe. Spoon sifted flour into your measuring cup. If you scoop compacted flour out of the bag with a measuring cup, you will have a dry, hard-to-handle dough.
2. So that you don't squish raspberry jam out of the cookie roll, be sparse with the jam on the last inch of the dough.
3. Turn the dough log 1/4 turn after every few cuts to help keep the cookies round. If out of round, gently press the edges of the sliced dough to bring the cookie into shape.
4. Be sure to remove the cookies from the sheet while they are still warm. IF the jam cools on the sheet, they will be difficult to remove.