Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
My sons who love cookies asked me to make sure I asked for that recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/3 c flour
- 2/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 c butter,cut into small peces
- 1 egg,slightly beaten
- 2 1/3 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce)can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans,optional
- 1 (8 ounce package)toffee bits
In a large bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Cut butter into flour and sugar using a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Reserve a generous cup of the crumb mixture.
Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour condensed milk evenly over the crust; top with 1 cup of toffee bits. Crumble reserved crumb mix, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and nuts (if using) over the top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and chocolate chips.
Cool completely.Cut and serve.