- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (14 ounce) sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 1/3 cups lightly packed)
- 1 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
Line 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
Pour sugar mixture over coconut. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed.
Add cream cheese and egg whites. Beat on low speed until blended.
With moistened hands, firmly shape rounded Tablespoons of cookie mixture into balls.
Roll in unsweetened coconut to coat. Place 1 inch apart on parchment covered cookie sheet.
Cool completely at least 30 minutes.
Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.