Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 1 15 ounce can cream of coconut ( i use coco lopez)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5-2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 16-oz. bag of flaked coconut
- 4 squares almond bark
- 1 24-oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave just until melted.
2Stir in the Cream of Coconut and vanilla. Mix well.
3Then add the confectioners’ sugar and coconut. Mix quickly with a large spoon. You may have to use your hands to get in there and mix it up good.
4Cover with plastic wrap and store in the coldest part of refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. The coconut mixture needs to be firm, and cold enough to roll into balls so they will hold their shape.
5Remove bowl of candy mixture from refrigerator and shape candy into 1-inch balls. Place coconut balls on a cookie sheets lined with wax paper. (You’ll need 2 cookie sheets) Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour to chill completely.
6Meanwhile, in a double boiler (or make shift double boiler) melt the chocolate pieces and almond bark; stir until smooth and creamy.
7. Bring out 1 cookie sheet of candy at a time to coat. Place a tooth pick in each piece of candy. Dip the candy into the chocolate, gently shaking excess chocolate off the candy.
8Place coated candy back onto the cookie sheet that is lined with the wax paper. Gently twist the tooth pick out and smooth over a bit of chocolate over the toothpick hole for a neater appearance.
9When first sheet of candy has been coated, place back into the refrigerator to harden.
10Repeat procedure with second sheet of candy .
11When candy has set, store in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator.