Peppermint Patty Cake
If you are ambitious you can prepare a homemade cake and chocolate frosting as well. I am using my preferred preparation.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix (i like pillsbury traditional chocolate)
- 1 can(s)
- prepared chocolate frosting (again, pillsbury is preferred)
- eggs, oil and water for cake prep
- 2 c
- powdered sugar (have more on hand)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- mint or peppermint extract - to taste
- 1/2 to 1 pkg
- andes baking chips
You may need to add a little more powdered sugar as the extract will thin the frosting and we want it to be nice and thick!
Frost top of cake to about an 1/8 inch thickness, keeping it as uniform as possible. Place in freezer until you can run a finger over the frosting without smearing it.
Remove cake from pans. Trim top and sides so they are level. Spread ONLY TOP of each layer with mint frosting. DO NOT frost the sides! Place in freezer until you can run a finger over frosting without smearing.
Sprinkle Andes Baking chips over top. You can also chop these up very fine and put these on the sides of layer cake.