Little Engineer's Cake from Mr. Food
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- frozen pound cake (16 ounces), thawed
- container (16 ounces) white frosting
- food colors of your choice
- miniature sandwich cookies
- assorted candies such as starburst, tootsie rolls, licorice, etc
1Cut the pound cake in half crosswise then cut each half lengthwise to form 4 boxcar shapes. Place the cake pieces on a platter to form a train. Divide the frosting into 4 bowls and add a different food color to each to create 4 different colors.
2Frost each boxcar with a different color frosting. Use mini sandwich cookies to make wheels, Starburst candies for windows,Tootsie Rolls for a smokestack and licorice to connect the wheels and boxcars to each other. Serve immediately,or cover loosely until ready to serve.