Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chocolate cake (mix)layer, 8 or 9-inch round by 1-1/2 inches tall, baked in a springform pan with removable sides
- carton edy's® slow churned® peppermint ice cream
- (1) 16 oz
- carton vanilla frosting
- thin candy canes or sugar sticks
- glacé (candied) cherries
- chocolate decorating icing
- long pretzel rods
- 2 large
- red or green sugar crystals
1Make cake according to mix. Freeze cake in pan for 30 minutes to firm top. Spread ice cream in an even layer to the top edge of pan. Freeze several hours until ice cream is firm. Remove sides of pan. Frost sides of cake and a 1" border around cake top. Return to freezer if ice cream softens. Squeeze decorating icing in a crisscross pattern on top. Press candy canes diagonally around sides (remove bent tips).
2Place cherries around top of cake. Freeze several hours or overnight before serving. Dampen top and sides of marshmallows with water. Roll in sugar crystals. Insert pretzel sticks to make 'drumsticks'. Place on top of cake before serving. Fun Tip: Prepare a chocolate cake mix,making two cakes and reserving one cake for another use. Or,make two drum cakes.