Carrot Patch Cupcakes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- betty crocker® supermoist® devil's food cake mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- container chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 c
- finely crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (8 cookies)
- 1 c
- cream cheese whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 12-oz container)
- 1 tsp
- orange paste food color
- green apple sour candy straws (from two 2-oz packages), cut into 1-inch pieces
1Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake and cool as directed on box for cupcakes.
2With small knife, cut cone shape out of center of each cupcake; discard center. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting, leaving cutout centers unfrosted. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on large plate. Carefully dip cupcake tops in crumbs to look like dirt.
3In small bowl, mix cream cheese frosting and food color until well blended. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag. Twist bag above frosting; squeeze bag to pipe frosting into cutout center of each cupcake. Insert 3 sour straw pieces into orange frosting to look like carrot tops.