Molasses Ginger Cookies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
11. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
22. In a large mixing bowl beat the margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until combined. Beat in egg and molasses. Beat in as much of the all-purpose and whole wheat flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
33. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 11 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.
5I roll them out and cut out gingerbread men. Truthfully I don't remember if they cracked on top or not. I've slept since I made them last.