We love Selville Marmalade & Meyer Lemon marmalade. The recipe fit right in with my holiday baking.
When I was a kid,we had a Selville Marmalade tree in our back yard. We didn't know what it was until years later. All we knew was the orange was bitter. Once we learned it made a great marmadaled there weren't many oranges left on the tree to rot.
Once the Safeway market up on the mountain had some for sale for 10 cents a pound. I didn't tell the manager he had a gold mine. When they didn't sell, he sold them to me for a 1 cent a pound.
- 1 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated orange zest or lemon zest
- egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 c
- bakers sugar
- 1/3 c
- butter, not quite room temp.
- 1 tsp
- orange or lemon juice powder (i get mine at king arthur)
- 3 Tbsp
- orange or lemon marmalade...you can use any flavor you like
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/3 tsp
- powdered sugar for dusting or make a citrus icing
You can use any Marmalade, fruit butter or Jam you like. Try using Cranberry Marmalade for the holidays.