1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; Beat til mixed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add flour and baking powder. Beat until just mixed and mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2/3 cup of the crumb mixture and set aside. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or til top is golden. Remove from oven. Spread lemon curd over hot crust to within ½ inch of edges of pan. In medium bowl, stir together reserved crumb mixture, coconut and almonds. Sprinkle crumb mixture over lemon curd.
4. Bake for 18 to2 0 minutes more or til edges are golden and topping is brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Using edges of foil lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars
5. To store, put bars in single layer in airtight container. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 3 days. To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350. Spread nuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or til nuts are light brown, stirring once or twice to prevent burning.