32 Cookies, 16 Sandwiches
devils food cake mix
cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, sift in cake mix.
3. Add eggs, oil and vanilla extract to cake mix and stir until combined. The dough will be very stiff.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes depending on how soft you want them.
6. Place on cooling racks
7. Filling: Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and peppermint extract until smooth. Adjust consistency using more or less powdered sugar. Add food dye and stir well.
8. Pipe filling onto the bottom of half your cookies, and use the other non-frosted cookies to sandwich the others! Roll in colored sprinkles if desired.
9. Place your cookies in tupperware and let chill for a few hours or ever overnight.