Featured Pinch Tips Video
Family Tested & Approved
all purpose flour
chopped black walnuts
finely chopped corn flakes
marascino cherries quartered
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and granulated sugar.
3. Blend in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
4. Add the milk and vanilla.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
6. Mix in the nuts, carefully. Chill for about a hour so they are easier to roll in balls.
7. Shape dough into small balls using a level tablespoon for each cookie.
8. Roll each ball into the crushed cornflakes.
9. Place on a greased baking sheet or parchment lined baking sheetand top with a quarter of the maraschino cherry.
10. Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes
Last Updated: Sun, Jan 8, 2012