Buttermilk Sugar Cookies
BUTTERMILK SUGAR COOKIES
|Serves:||Makes 12 to 15 cookies|
|2 1/2 c||all purpose flour|
|3/4 tsp||baking powder|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda|
|3/4 c||butter, softened|
get recipes @ goboldwithbutter.com
|1 2/3 c||sugar, divided|
|1 tsp||vanilla or lemon flavoring|
Pinched by andtwo, and 75 more.
Stanley, VA (pop. 1,689)
Member Since Nov 2010
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
3. In a large bowl beat butter, 1 cup of sugar and flavoring at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture alternate with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended and after each addition. (Dough will ber very sticky and soft).
4. In a small bowl place the remaining sugar. Using a scoop, scoop about 1/4 cup of dough and drop into sugar, gently roll to coat. Place on preparred baking sheet. Please note the dough will be very loose..it's ok they turn out great.
5. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until the edges turn light brown. When you remove from the oven sprinkle with any left over sugar. Cool on the pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completly on wire racks.