Bone a Fidos (Rose Beranbaum's doggie cookies)
She always provides measurements in volume, pounds/ounces, and grams. Most of us probably use volume, but in parenthesis I've also listed the other measures. I recall in The Cake Bible she tells you to pick one and stick to it throughout the recipe. :-)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/4 tsp
- dry yeast (one package) - (.25 ounces or 7 grams)
- 1/4 c
- warm water (2 ounces or 59 grams)
- 1 pinch
- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour (dip and sweep method) - (1 pound 1.5 ounces or 500 grams
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour (dip and sweep) - (11 ounces or 312 grams)
- 2 c
- cracked wheat (dip and sweep) - (4.5 ounces or 120 grams) the next entry is an either/or. the cracked wheat or the cornmeal, not both.
- 1 c
- cornmeal (dip and sweep) - (5 ounces or 115 grams)
- 1 c
- rye flour (dip and sweep) - (5.25 ounces or 145 grams)
- 1/2 c
- non-fat dry milk lightly spooned into the cup (1.75 ounces or 50 grams)
- 4 tsp
- kelp powder
- 4 c
- beef or chicken broth (2 pounds or 907 grams)
- 1 large
- egg (weighed without the shell: 1.75 ounces or 50 grams)
- 2 Tbsp
- milk (1 ounce or 30 grams)
- Cracked wheat and kelp are available in most health food stores.
- Use 2 cups of bran cereal (not flakes) in place of the cracked wheat if desired.
- If your dog is large, make larger cookies.
- This recipe can be halved successfully.
- Allow the cookie sheet(s) to cool completely before using for the next batch.