Almond Butter Cookies
- 1/2 c
- nondairy, nonhydogenated butter (such as earth balance)
- 3/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- almond butter (or peanut butter), either smooth or crunchy
- 2 Tbsp
- non dairy milk plus extra , if needed
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp
- baking aluminum free baking powder
- pinch of salt
In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Add more milk if mixture becomes too stiff, but you need the batter to be stiff so you can easily roll balls.
Roll batter into 1 inch balls and evenly space them onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Use the back of a fork and make two indents by gently pressing down on the batter.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.