Featured Pinch Tips Video
- egg yolks
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 16 oz
- mascarpone cheese (room temp)
- 2 c
- espresso coffe (cooled)
- 1/4 c
- ameretto liquor (optional)
- 7 oz
- lady finger cookies
- 2 tsp
- cocoa powder (heaping teaspoons)
1- Beat egg yolks and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- After about 2 minutes, the egg and sugar mixture becomes light yellow.
- Fold in the mascarpone cheese.
- Mix coffee with liquor.
- Quickly roll each cookie in the liquid.
- Lay them on the bottom of a serving dish or if preparing individual servings,
use half cookies to start the layering process.
- Spread half of the filling mixture over the wet cookies.
- Make another layer of soaked cookies.
- Spread the rest of the filling mixture over the wet cookies.
- Place the cocoa in a sifter and generously coat the top layer with cocoa.
- Chill before serving.