The Grandest Donuts
I make these fairly often, kids love them, as well as the adults!
Give them a try & see if you don't give up those expensive ones!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 or 2 pkg
- refrigerated pillsbury grands buttermilk biscuits
- vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp
- hot coffee
- maple or vanilla extract (optional)
- jelly, your favorite flavor (optional)
- instant pudding or cream filling (optional)
- granulated sugar (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
5If you choose to frost them: Combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter and coffee in medium bowl. Mix until smooth, then place donuts, one at a time, in bowl & gently turn in circular motion to coat the tops. If you want other than chocolate, omit the cocoa and add your desired flavoring. If desired, apply sprinkles by dipping the frosted top into a wide, shallow bowl of sprinkles.
7For filled donuts: Use your favorite jelly or cream filling. Use a straw to poke hole halfway into the donut, then pipe filling through pastry tip into the hole. Can then also sprinkle with desired sugar topping or frost as above.