Recipe: Fudgy Quinoa Brownies
Who knew you could enjoy brownies with Quinoa?
I'm so glad I found this recipe.
Dessert that is healthy for you, yay!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 8 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 t instant coffee or espresso
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c raw sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 c flour (regular flour is fine, or you can use quinoa flour for a gluten-free version)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 6-8 oz chocolate chips (optional)
1Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly grease a square baking pan (8″ x 8″) or line with parchment paper, and set aside. Mix the flour & salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
22. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat, stirring frequently. (If you’re more comfortable with the bain marie method, go ahead and use that instead. We just want to make sure there’s no scorched chocolate.) When completely melted & smooth, add the coffee and mix well. Pour the chocolate into a medium bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes
3In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugars and vanilla until smooth. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix well. Then, working in small batches, gently fold in the flour mixture until completely incorporated. Lastly, carefully fold in the cooked quinoa.
4Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 2″ squares, serve with a tall glass of milk or your favorite beverage, and enjoy!