Black Forest Preserves
Diane Hopson Smith
I can see this spread between cake layers or warmed and spread on chocolate waffles with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
This recipe is indescribably good!! It has some real "wow" factor!!
I found this outstanding preserve recipe on the "Good Appetite" blog. Only thing different, I added 1/2 tsp butter.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- cocoa (i used ghirardelli unsweeted cocoa)
- 3 to 4 c
- sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- butter, (this reduces foaming)
- pouches (6-ounces) liquid petin
- 1/4 c
- amaretto liqueur (or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)
Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add the pectin and return the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for one minute. Remove pot from heat and skim any foam from the surface with a metal spoon. Add Amaretto and stir.