Banana bread brownies from The Fat Witch Bakery
old-fashioned banana bread is fabulous, but a bit of chocolate punch makes it even better. These brownies make no claim to be nutrition bars, but they are extremely moist, dense, and comforting. Be sure to use very ripe bananas. If they smell sweet and are covered in black spots, they're perfect. If you have more than enough bananas for this recipe, stash the extras wrap in foil in the freezer until you're ready to make another batch. Refrigerate any leftover brownies.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, three quarters stick
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups very ripe bananas, mashed, about 3 to 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- three large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 brownies.