Mamie Eisenhower's Never Fail Fudge
It is rich and delicious. But most of all it is easy and "Never Fails". It can be made without the nuts.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- milk chocolate candy bars (two 7 ounces, one 1.55 ounces), broken into pieces
- 4 c
- (24 ounces total) semisweet chocoalte chips
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 can(s)
- (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 1/2 c
- 2 c
- chopped walnuts
2In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, sugar and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 4-1/2 minutes. Pour over chocolate mixture; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
3Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1 inch squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 pounds.