Again, this is another recipe from Christmas with Southern Living.
[From book: The freezing steps are worth it for the delicious results you get with these truffles. They're better than drinking homemade eggnog.] ...and I have to agree.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (1-ounce) squares premium white chocolate --bakers brand
- 1 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- refrigerated eggnog
- 4 Tbsp
- dark rum or (2 tsp rum extract)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c
- finely chopped pecans, toasted (the recipe called for 1/2 cup)
- 12 oz
- vanilla-flavored candy coating
- 4 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
4Melt candy coating according to package directions. Remove truffles from freezer; reshape into balls, if necessary. Using two forks, quickly dip each truffle into melted coating. Grate nutmeg on top if you like. Drop on to wax paper to dry. Store truffles in freezer up to one week. ----Makes 2 dozen or can make 3 dozen if you shape the truffles even smaller bite size.