Copy Cat Homemade Tootsie Rolls
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbsp butter (29g), softened
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups(360g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (85g) dry milk powder*see note below
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) white corn syrup
Throw all of the ingredients into one large mixing bowl and knead it until it looks like one large lump of tootsie. It will have the consistency of Play-Doh. It may not seem like there's enough moisture in there when you start, but keep with it and it should turn out just fine.
To make your own rolls, just tear off a chunk of the tootsie dough, roll it up, and cut pieces off. Eat it up right there or wrap it in plastic wrap or wax paper to save it for later.