Chocolate Almond Butter Potato Fudge
Sandi Weiso Brown @sis03
The slices are usually about 2" in diameter. My rolling technique leaves something to be desired, so mostly, my slices aren't "round." This is a rich candy that can be vanilla or chocolate or other flavors can be added to the fudge part, for instance, a cherry fudge with the almond butter would be nice. (The almond butter swirls show up better in a lighter colored fudge.) Hope you enjoy it!
- 2/3 c
- instant potato flakes, dry (i use hungry jack)
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- milk (i used 1%)
- 1 c
- potato--stiffly mashed, plain cooked, pealed, instead of above 3 ingredients.
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c
- cocoa powder, unsweetened--hershey's--leave out for vanilla fudge
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- salt--can be left out
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- very softened butter, not melted
- 1 jar(s)
- 12 0z. almond butter, no-stir; creamy or crunchy
- can use peanut butter or hazelnut butter or other nut butters.
- other possible ingredients: finely shredded coconut; toffee chips; chopped cherry, etc.
2/3 C. potato flakes (Hungry Jack’s)
2/3 C. water
1/3 C. milk
1 C. stiffly mashed, plain cooked, pealed potato
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 pounds confectioner’s powdered sugar
¼ C. Hershey’s or good quality unsweetened cocoa (for vanilla fudge, leave out the cocoa)
¼ to ½ tsp. salt--can be left out.
1 ½ Tbl. Very softened butter, but not melted completely.
1 12-oz. jar no-stir (or thoroughly stirred) almond butter--Creamy or Crunchy. (can use peanut butter or hazelnut butter or other nut butters)
*Other possible ingredients: finely shredded coconut; toffee chips; chopped cherry, etc.
(Save a little sugar to powder the rolling surface so the fudge dough will not stick.)