Chocolate Almond Butter Potato Fudge
Sandi Weiso Brown
The slices are usually about 2" in diameter. My rolling technique leaves something to be desired, so mostly, my slices aren't "round." This is a rich candy that can be vanilla or chocolate or other flavors can be added to the fudge part, for instance, a cherry fudge with the almond butter would be nice. (The almond butter swirls show up better in a lighter colored fudge.) Hope you enjoy it!
- 2/3 c
- instant potato flakes, dry (i use hungry jack)
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- milk (i used 1%)
- 1 c
- potato--stiffly mashed, plain cooked, pealed, instead of above 3 ingredients.
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c
- cocoa powder, unsweetened--hershey's--leave out for vanilla fudge
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- salt--can be left out
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- very softened butter, not melted
- 1 jar(s)
- 12 0z. almond butter, no-stir; creamy or crunchy
- can use peanut butter or hazelnut butter or other nut butters.
- other possible ingredients: finely shredded coconut; toffee chips; chopped cherry, etc.
2/3 C. potato flakes (Hungry Jack’s)
2/3 C. water
1/3 C. milk
1 C. stiffly mashed, plain cooked, pealed potato
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 pounds confectioner’s powdered sugar
¼ C. Hershey’s or good quality unsweetened cocoa (for vanilla fudge, leave out the cocoa)
¼ to ½ tsp. salt--can be left out.
1 ½ Tbl. Very softened butter, but not melted completely.
1 12-oz. jar no-stir (or thoroughly stirred) almond butter--Creamy or Crunchy. (can use peanut butter or hazelnut butter or other nut butters)
*Other possible ingredients: finely shredded coconut; toffee chips; chopped cherry, etc.
(Save a little sugar to powder the rolling surface so the fudge dough will not stick.)