White Chocolate Coffee Rum Balls
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 vanilla pound cake, 11 oz, cut into pieces (store bought; thawed if frozen)
- 3 tbsp. dark rum
- 1 1/2 tsp. freeze dried or granulated instant coffee
- 3 oz. white chocolate, grated or chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- unsweetened cocoa, powdered sugar or ground almonds for coating, see note below
1Process the cake pieces to crumbs in a food processor about 1 minute.
2Mix rum and coffee, pour over the cake and process 10 seconds more. Add pecans into the processor bowl.
3Put chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds, mix with a fork and add to the processor bowl. Process til a ball forms. Spread in a shallow pan or bowl and refrigerate til set, overnight works best.
4Scoop out 1 inch balls with a melon baller or small ice cream scoop, and put on a platter or baking sheet. They are very delicate so return them to the refrigerator until hard again.
5To coat balls, put the cocoa, powdered sugar or almonds in a plastic zipper bag. Add a few balls at a time and shake gently to coat completely. Serve at once or refrigerate til ready to serve. The balls will hold their shape as long as they are not touched by warm hands.
6To coate 8 to 10 one inch balls: 1 Tbsp. cocoa, 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar or 2 Tbsp. ground almonds