ALINE'S favorite Wet Coconut Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- can of cream of coconut : can be found ususally around the mixed drink area/items in your store along with the coconut milk or in your baking section depending on your store.
- 1 can(s)
- can of coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 box
- box white cake mix any brand.
- 1, 1/2 c
- sweetened coconut flakes or more to your liking, 1/2 cup is if you desire to toast some for the top accent.
- 1 pkg
- thawed whipped topping
- 1/ plastic straw to make holes in cake.
- mixing bowl, whisk, spatula/spoon
- electric, or stand mixer : if you desire to use
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut extract or less as you desire. i find 2 is perfect for our liking.
- 1 c
- whipped fluffy cake frosting, white : note ****(if you desire the sweeter frosting topping only) you do not need this one to make the regular wet coconut cake)*****
- cap of vanilla extract: or to your liking.
Then proceed to pour this mixture SLOWLY over the cake evenly ensuring it soaks in every part of the cake. I then take a spatula or spoon and scoop up any leftover thats near sides, re pour over cake, YOU need to allow time to soak in, 5/10 mins at least. to ensure its all soaked in. After all its called a WET COCONUT CAKE> :)
This cake gets better over time, and has to be covered, refrigerated to keep. Will last a few days if kept properly, BUT there is not many left overs when i make this cake to last that long.
again this was my grandmothers favorite cake ever. so i wanted to share with all of you.