Vavo:s Lidia LEMON BARS
- 1 1/2 c
- plus 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- plus 1tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 3/4 c
- cold butter cut into small pieces.
- 2 large
- 3 large
- 1 c
- splendor (or granulated sudar
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- you can also use finely chopped almonds or even pistachios.
LINE 13"by 9" metal baking pan with foil.
EXTENDING foil over short ends' lightly grease foil.
WITH pastry blender (OR 2 knifes) used scissor-fashion, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
With floured hand, pat dough firmly into bottom.
Bake15 to 17 minutes, until lightly browned.
IN large bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes.
REDUCE speed to low;add lemon peel and juice,splendor or fine sugar,baking power, salt and the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour and beat until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
COOL completely in pan on wire wrack.
CUT into diamonds or bars shape.
AND ENJOY IT FROM MOM'S KITCHEN TO ALL.