The Perfect Yellow Homemade Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour (not sifted)
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 stick
- butter (not margarine)
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 3 large
- mix together in a large microwave safe bowel
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 + 2tbs c
- cornstarch (packed)
- 7 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
COOKED CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut wax paper to fit the bottom of (3) 9 x 1 1/2-inch round pans. Spray the pans with cooking spray, place the wax paper in the pans and spray the paper.
3) In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
4) Measure the 1-1/4 cups of milk in a 2 cup measuring cup….then add enough vegetable oil to bring the liquid up to 1-1/3 cups.
5) Add the milk/vegetable oil mixture, butter and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium to medium-high speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
6) Add the eggs and continue beating an additional 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
7) Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
8) Cool cakes on wire racks for 15 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
9) Frost as desired.
Stir in with a wire wisk :
1-1/2 cups boiling water
Cook in microwave on high at 1 minute intervals stirring well after each with the wire whisk. As mixture begins to thicken cook at 30 second interval until the mixture is very thick.
Then stir in 6 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of vanilla; stirring until the butter is melted; cool to frosting consistency and frost cake.
If you prefer to cook it on the stove just stir the boiling water into the dry ingredients and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly; remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla.