Spring Flower Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup bakers angel flake coconut
- 2 drops food coloring, any color
- 1 pkg.(10 oz) round angel food cake
- 1 cup thawed cool whip whipped topping
- 3 cups halved strawberries
1Toss coconut with food coloring until evenly tinted.
Place cake on large serving late. Frost top and side with Cool Whip; sprinkle with coconut. Cut cake into 8 slices, leaving all slcies in place. Carefully pull out cake slices and separate slightly to resemble petals of a flower. Fill center with berries just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
A homemade angel food cake can be used instead of the store-bought cake. Prepare dessert as directed, doubling the amount of coconut and whipped topping, if necessary.