SNOW TUNNEL CAKE with a BIRTH DATE FORMULA
Nancy J. Patrykus
I made and served this 15 years ago for my friend Bill's, Dec.24th Birthday Party. With red candles aflame.
It was so beautiful!
Never thought to take pictures back then.
This picture and recipe was from a Duncan Hine's recipe,I found in a magazine,
many moons ago.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- duncan hines angel food cake mix
- 12oz. container frozen whipped topping
- 1-1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- 4-1/2oz. chocolate instant pudding mix
1Bake cake as directed on the box. Cool.
Turn out onto a serving plate.
Slice 1 inch layer off the top.
Gently hollow out a trench in the cake 1-1/2 inches wide and 2 inches deep.
Tear cake from trench into small pieces.
2Combine milk and pudding mix.
Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
Fold cake pieces and 1-3/4 cup of topping into the pudding mix.
Fill trench with the mixture.
Replace top of cake.
Spread remaining whipped topping over sides and top of cake. Chill cake until set.
3You can use your imagination...
maybe vanilla pudding and strawberries??
The possibilities are limitless.
4EXTRA, A BIRTHDAY FORMULA:
You will seem like a wizard when you try this simple formula for guessing someone's age!
1. Have your friend give you the number of the month of his birthday.
2. Have him multiply that number by 5.
3. Then have him put the number 3 at the end of that answer.
4. Ask him to add 12.
5. Then double that result.
6. Then have him add the day number that he was born.
7. Ask him to tell you that number.
8. NOW YOU..subtract 30 from his number, and you will have his birthday!
5You will seem like a cooking wizard when you bake and surprise someone this delicious birthday cake.
Don, forget to light the candles and sing