SALTY PRETZEL,CHOCOLATE FUDGE CARMEL, POKE CAKE
Nancy J. Patrykus
"Carmel Brownie Cake" a Smuckers, Crisco & Pillsbury advertisement,recipe.
I have added my twist to it.
Instead of peanuts(some people are allergic to them) .
I substuted crushed salty pretzels...
Salt and chocolate just seem to go together..for a taste bud explosion!
I also changed the marachino cherry for a candied .
I hope you like my version.
- crisco original no-stick cooking spray
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury.family size(19.5oz.) chocolate fudge brownie mix.
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- crisco pure vegetable oil
- 3 large
- 3/4 c
- smuckers carmel flavored topping= divided
- 8-0z. container extra creamy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c
- or more....chopped salty pretzels
- candied cherries
Coat a 13x9 inch cake pan with the spray oil.
Combine the brownie mix, water and oil and eggs in a large bowl.
Stir for 50 strokes.
Spread in the pre-pared cake pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Poke holes, about two inches apart, in the warm brownies,with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Use only 1/2 cup of the carmel topping to fill the holes, and to spread on the top
Sprinkle with 1/2 of the crushed pretzels.