PEPPERMINT LAYER CAKE
THIS IS DIABETIC FRIENDLY &
THIS ONE IS ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR THOSE THAT DON'T PARTICULARITY LIKE CHOCOLATE AND PEPPERMINT BUT DO LIKE PEPPERMINT FLAVORED DESSERTS.
I AM ALWAYS HARD PRESSED TO DECIDE WHICH CAKE I LIKE BEST BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS RECIPE.
AMAZINGLY THEY ALWAYS TURN OUT AWESOME AND I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO STAY OUT OF THIS CAKE...
THERE ARE ABOUT 180 CALORIES AND 28 NET CARBS. IN A SERVING.
PLEASE SEE BELOW
(LAYER 1 – White Layer) - (Make 1 & 1/2 of this recipe for X-Lg. Cake Pan & only 1 recipe if you are using the usual cake pan- (9 x 13).
· 1 box (15.25 Oz.) Pillsbury WHITE cake mix
1 box - (4-serving) instant sugar-free/fat-free French vanilla pudding/pie filling mix
1/2 C. – FAT-FREE, 1 or 2% milk
1/4 C. - water
1/4 C. - canola oil
2 Lg. - eggs
2 Lg. - egg whites
1 C. - Vanilla ‘light’ yogurt
Peppermint Layer Cake (LAYER 2 – Red layer)
1/2 box- (About 1-1/2 cups) Pillsbury White Cake Mix (from 15.25 oz. box).
1/2 box(of 4-serving) instant sugar-free/fat-free French vanilla pudding/pie filling mix
1/4 C. Fat-Free, or 1% or 2% milk
1/8 C. water
1/8 C. canola oil
1 – Lg. Egg
1 – Lg. Egg white
1/2 C. – Vanilla ‘Light’ Yogurt
1/2 - tsp. pure peppermint extract
1 – 2 Tbsp. Red Food Coloring
3/4 - C. ‘Andes’ 'Peppermint Crunch' Baking Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spray X-Large rectangular pan with 'BAKERS JOY' cooking spray.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat all ingredients (for layer 1) together until well blended. (Mixture will be thick)
4. In med. mixing bowl, beat all ingredients (for layer 2) together until well blended. (Mixture will be thick)
5. Pour (Layer 1) batter to prepared pan and spread evenly.
6. Repeat for Layer 2 (Red layer) and spread mix carefully & evenly on top of layer 1.
7. Bake approx. 35to 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool cake about 10-15 minutes on baking rack.
9. Invert onto sheet cake serving surface.
(Cake taker or cake board-like bakery uses).
10. Frost with Peppermint Frosting. (See recipe)
11. Decorate as desired. (Andes Peppermint crunch or crushed peppermint candies are a nice touch.)
12. Refrigerate cake in airtight container until ready to serve ... Overnight in refrigerator & Cover & refrigerate any leftovers.)
8 Oz. - softened or whipped cream cheese
2 C. - powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. - peppermint extract
1 to 2 Tbsp. - red food coloring
One - 12 Oz. container cool whip, thawed
*Peppermint candies (crushed) or ‘Andes’ Peppermint Crunch (Optional)
1. Mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
2. Add peppermint extract and red food coloring and continue to blend.
3. Fold in Cool Whip.
4. Spread over cooled cake.
5. Decorate as desired.