MOIST POUND CAKE
- 2 c
- unsifted cake flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 c
- 5 large
- eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp
2) Spread solid shortening in a 9-inch tube pan.
3) Dust evenly with flour; tap out excess.
4) Set prepared pan aside.
5) Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
6) In a mixing bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
7) Gradually add sugar and beat until very light and creamy.
12) Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
13) Remove cake from pan, flip up-right, and cool completely on wire rack.