MOIST POUND CAKE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- unsifted cake flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 c
- 5 large
- eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp
11) Preheat oven to 325* (F)
2) Spread solid shortening in a 9-inch tube pan.
3) Dust evenly with flour; tap out excess.
4) Set prepared pan aside.
5) Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
6) In a mixing bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
7) Gradually add sugar and beat until very light and creamy.
28) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
39) Beat in Vanilla.
410) By hand or on low speed, gradually stir in flour mixture, blend well.
511) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes for tube pan, or until toothpick comes out clean.
12) Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
13) Remove cake from pan, flip up-right, and cool completely on wire rack.