Mocha Cheesecake (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 c
- chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- squares (1 oz. each) sweet chocolate
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 2 to 3 tsp
- instant coffee
- 1 dash(es)
- 8-inch round microsafe pie dish
- chocolate cookies, for garnish
- mint leaves, for garnish
- raspberries or other berries, for garnish
- chocolate leaves, for garnish
2Preparation: Microwave butter 30 to 40 seconds at MEDIUM HIGH power.
4Microwave at HIGH power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
5Cool crust slightly.
6Melt chocolate in a microsafe dish at MEDIUM HIGH for about 2 minutes.
7Microwave cream cheese on a plate at MEDIUM HIGH power for about 2 minutes to soften.
8Combine cream cheese, melted chocolate, eggs, sugar, instant coffee and salt thoroughly.
10Microwave at MEDIUM power for about 14 minutes or until center of dish is almost set. Turn dish twice during cooking if the microwave oven is not a rotating one.
11Let cake stand for a minute. Cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.