MARGARITA CAKE - "Diabetic-Friendly"
penny jordan @PennyLJ55
It's "Diabetic-Friendly" so you can have your cake and eat it too!
This recipe came from a "Keep it Simple" Diabetic Cookbook, so...sorry I can't take the credit for it... :(
- 1 1/2 c
- coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 box
- (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix or sugar free yellow pillsbury cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- bottled non-alcoholic margarita mix
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 Tbsp
- grated lime rind
- 3 large
- egg whites
- 1 - c
- (8-ounce) frozen fat-free or sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
- additional grated lime rind, if desired
Coat 13x9x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Press into pan.
CAREFULLY pour batter over pretzel mixture.
Cool completely on cooling rack.
Frost with whipped topping; sprinlke with additional lime rind.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers in covered cake taker.
*** Cake Tidbit: Grated lime rind infuses the cake with lime flavor, it's a must to include!
Serving Size: 1/24 of cake
Calories from Fat 34%,
Total Fat 7g,
Saturated Fat 2g,
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fat.