Maple Bacon Cake
Now that I have made it once, everyone wants it for their birthday!
Future plans: try making it pineapple upside down variety, with bacon of course!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- maple bacon (not maplewood smoked)
- 1 box
- butter yellow recipe cake mix
- 2/3 c
- 1 1/2 stick
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- maple syrup
- 1 stick
- 1 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar (or more for spreadable consistency)
- 1/8 c
- maple syrup (or 1/2 tsp. maple flavor)
Make the cake according to directions on box, using the 3 eggs, 2/3 cup water, and one stick of softened butter.
frost the gooey side of one cake, sprinkle with the finely diced bacon, top with other cake gooey side DOWN on the bacon. Frost the entire cake and top with remaining 1/3 of the bacon pieces.