Irish cream cupcakes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pint irish stout beer, 2 cups, such as guinness
- 1 cup dutch process cocoa or other good-quality cocoa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups superfine sugar or caster sugar
- four large eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour either all purpose or soft wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract or vanilla extract
- paper baking cups
- vegetable cooking spray
- irish cream frosting, recipe follows
- edible glitter stars, chocolate candies
Frost each cupcake with Irish cream frosting, using a piping bag and metal tip number 2D or a zip top plastic freezer bag with one corner snipped off. Top with glitter stars and chocolate candies.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey's Irish cream
1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, optional
4 cups powdered sugar
beat butter, salt, liqueur, and if desired, whiskey at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed for two minutes or until creamy.