Intense chocolate brownies from The Fat Witch Bake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70% cocoa, broken up into small pieces
- two large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving.
Makes 12 to 18 brownies.