Hawaiian Dream Trifle
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10" store made angel food cake
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 ounce jar pineapple preserves
- 1 c
- sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 2/3 c
- toasted macadamia nuts, chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 3.4 ounce boxes (4 serving size) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 3 c
- cold milk
- 16 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1Cut or tear angel food cake into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2In a medium size bowl, combine crushed pineapple and 1/2 jar of pineapple preserves. Mix well and set aside.
3In a large bowl, combine the instant pudding mix and milk. Using a wire whisk, mix well, then add 1 cup of the whipped topping. Set aside.
4Using a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl, layer ingredients: half of the cake pieces, half of the pineapple, half of the coconut and half of the macadamia nuts. Spread half of the pudding over all. Repeat layers using the rest of the cake, pineapple, coconut and the macadamia nuts. Spread remaining pudding over all. Generously spread top with whipped topping and garnish with reserved toasted coconut and nuts.
5Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6NOTE: to toast coconut AND nuts spread each out on separate baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-14 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning. Coconut and macadamia nuts are toasted when they are lightly browned and fragrant.