Fruited coffee cake
You can make it with fresh or canned fruit which make a healthier coffee cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 box
- coffe cake mix - esp pillsbury - cinnamon swirl bread,'s coffee cake recipe
- 1 to 2 can(s)
- apple or peach pie filling
- 4 to 6
- med. to large gala or other apples, cut into small chunks
- as called for in the recipe (as called for in the recipe)
- as called for in the coffee cake recipe or 1/4 c. less water
- as called for in the cffee cake recipe (remember to double)
- 1-2 pkg
- streusel from coffee cake mix box
1Dump the two mixes in a large bowl. Add the oil, water and eggs. Mix.
2Either open apple or peach pie filling and drop onto the batter -try to cover as much as you want -
Or take chopped apples and cover the batter as you desire.
3Sprinkle streusel over the cake.
4Bake coffee cake as directed. Check for doneness and take out of the oven when ready.
Serve warm for brunch, or a snack. Serve cooler for children