French Vanilla Cake/w Strawberry Glaze Filling and Almond Icing
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- french vanilla cake mix(duncan hines or pilsbury plus)
- 1 box
- french vanilla instant pudding
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1 1/3 c
- 11/2 tsp
- french vanilla extract
- you could also use some frozen strawberries/w sugar added
- (thaw strawberries and drain)
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1 stick
- solid criso-white
- 2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/3 c
STRAWBERRY GLAZE (FROM THE CAKE SUPPLE SHOP)
11. Add Oil,eggs,water,and extract to your mixing bowl. Pour cake mix and instant pudding, blend together until well blended.
2Pour into 2 8" round cake pans,(greased or sprayed)
3Bake on 325 for 30-35 mins,until knife comes out clean.
4cool cake completely before Icing
5TO MAKE ICING: start with criso stick in mixing bowl,add 1/2 of the powdered sugar, and 1/2 of the water,start mixing slowly, then speed up as it blends together, add the rest of the powdered sugar,and the water(if needed) and the extract, and blend well. Your icing may be thick, if too thick, and water by the tablespoons to get the thickness you want.
6To icing cake: Place 1 layer on plate,spoon glaze on bottom layer,but not to the edge.
7place next layer on top,and icing whole cake with Almond icing.
8NOTE: Sometimes I put glaze on top of the top layer,and pipe stars around the edge of top. You can also use a plastic bag and snip the corner, and squeeze small monds of icing around the edge, pretty!