Easy Vanilla Lime Pound Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1-2 tsp
- fresh grated lime zest
1this is an adaptation of a recipe reportedly used by Cake Boss.
21. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
32. Add sugar and lime zest and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined
43. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
54. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined. i like to get this started before i start mixing- that way the eggs dont have to rest before mixing in the rest. also i found adding this slowly Before adding the dry ingredients it mixes up better. the previous recipe had you adding the flour before the milk.
65. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
76. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
8Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.