Easy Carrot Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg. spice cake mix, 2 layer size
- 2 cups grated carrots, about 1/2 lb.
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained, 8 oz
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened, 8 oz. each
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tub whipped dessert topping, thawed, 8 oz
1Preheat oven to 350. Make cake mix as directed on package, stirring carrots, pineapple and 3/4 cup of pecans into batter til well blended. Pour into 2 prepared 9 inch round baking pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
2Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer or wire whisk til well blended. Stir in whipped topping til well blended.
3Put 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of the first. (I usually place the top layer upside down. Makes for a more even top) Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate til ready to serve. Makes 16 servings.