Easy Apricot Preserves Cake
I got this recipe from a friend at church some time ago. She has since passes away but she was famous for her cakes.
- butter and flour for greasing pan
- 2 c
- apricot preserves
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 box
- (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix package
- whipped cream or cool whip
OPTIONAL TOPPING FOR BAKED CAKE:
Mix cake as directed on package. Use all ingredients called for on package.
Gently pour 1/2 of cake mix into each pan, being careful not to disturb fruit.
Bake as directed on package.
Serve cake with whipped topping if desired.