Chocolate-Orange Layer Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1-1/2 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese softened
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 6 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- orange zest
- drops orange food coloring
- baked chocolate cake layers (8inch) cooled
- squares baker's semi-sweet chocolate
- of 8oz tub cool whip (do not thaw)
1Beat the first 5 ingredients with the mixer until well blended.
2Cut each cake horizonatlly into 2 layers. Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup frosting between each layer.
Frost top and with remaining frosting.
3Microwave chocolate and cool whip in microwaveable bowl
on High 2min or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended , stirring after each minute. Cool 15 min spread over top of cake allowing excess to drizzle down side.