CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CHEESECAKE TO DIE FOR
Recipe & photo: BHG.com
- 2 c
- crushed vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- 6 Tbsp
- (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 pkg
- (14 oz.) vanilla caramels (about 48 caramels)
- 1 can(s)
- (5 oz.) evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz.ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- semisweet chocolate pieces, melted and slightly cooled
- caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300-to-325 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or use a non-stick baking sheet.
3. Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Toast nuts in the oven for 10-to-15 minutes or until nuts begin to grow a little darker.
5. Turn the toasting nuts with a spatula halfway through the cooking time.
6. Use your nose to pick up a toasting smell. This usually means they're done.
7. Allow toasted pecans to cool on paper towels. Toasting nuts makes them want to stick together, so separate them while they're still warm.