1. Preferably use a deep pan. I actually use a deep round skillet. Makes the cheesecake tall and thick. A baking dish is fine, too.
2. Combine the melted butter and ground dry ingredients. If you need a little more butter, go for it. Pat into the bottom of the pan/dish. Work up the sides slightly, not completely. The edges do not have to be perfect. This is a ‘rustic’ version of cheesecake.
3. Combine the ricotta, cottage cheese, sour cream, and yogurts. Blend. Beat eggs and add folding in. Add sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Taste for lemony flavor and sweetness.
4. Pour into pan/dish over crust. Zest on top some fresh lemon rind.
5. Bake at 300 to 325 pre-heated oven. To test for doneness, slide a knife or toothpick (long one!)…should come out pretty clean. It’s done. Let it rest for about an hour.
6. This step is optional: Top each slice with your favorite fruit choice. (cherries, strawberries, raspberries,or??) It's also delicious with hot fudge or caramel drizzled over the top!!