Caramel Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1. I usually already have all the ingredients hanging out in the pantry.
2. It takes about 30 minutes - from the time I prepare to the time I can eat.
3. It makes two cakes... One for me, and one for you. :)
- 1 stick
- butter (real butter, please)
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple - rings or chunks, in juice
Melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Whisk gently together until well blended and falls from whisk in ribbons.
Spray two 8" round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray well.
Pour the Caramel into the pans, swirl pan around for even coating. Place the drained pineapple into the caramel. (You can make a lovely design here... I am typically too impatient for that... but I do make sure the pineapple is evenly distributed.)
Set pans aside.
Remove cake from oven, and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Loosen cake from edges with a butter knife. Invert the cakes into pie plates. Some of the caramel will be absorbed into the cake, but it will also be very saucy - so be sure to invert onto a dish that has edges.
This cake is delicious warm - fresh from the oven with a scoop of ice cream... Hmmm-mmm!